Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Windows Vista problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Windows Vista problem

    So I got a Dell computer, Windows Vista. And am having trouble burning a dvd onto my computer so I can put it on a backup disk. Whenever I clicked on the E drive, my default cd/dvd drive, the InterActual Player screen comes up and I get this message:

    <u> Error PL4014: Playback failed due to an error with the audio subsystem. Your currently installed audio driver may not be fully compatible with DirectX. Please close any DirectSound applications that are using the sound card. If the problem persists, you may need to upgrade or reinstall your sound card driver. Click the "Help Online"? button (bottom button on the left) to find out more information. </u>

    just wondering if anyone on here could help me before I have to go talk to Dell.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Windows Vista problem

    Get rid of Vista. Thats all I have. Sorry.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Windows Vista problem

    How are you trying to burn the DVD onto your computer? Are you just wanting to copy the DVD files to your computer so that you can burn those files onto a blank DVD?

    If so, can't you just right-click on your E drive, click EXPLORE, then drag all of the files into a folder? Then you can insert the blank DVD and burn those files using a DVD burning application.

    I'm especially curious as to what you're trying to use InterActual player for or what you're planning on doing to copy the files/DVD.
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Windows Vista problem

    I'm curious as well. I have vista and burn dvd's all the time, on a dell laptop and never had any problem

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Windows Vista problem

    Sounds to me like IA is the default DVD player. So when you click on the dvd drive with a disc in it, IA wants to play the disc. If you're just wanting to copy dvds to back them up, try installing a program specifically for that purpose. Or try uninstalling and reinstalling IA.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Windows Vista problem

    I am trying to burn the movie on my computer, then transfer it to a disk.

    When I hit explorer on the cd rom drive, the folder that pops contains:

    these folders: common, VIDEO_TS, and win.

    then files, autorun, disc.id, IAPlayer.dmg, install, MacOS, and README.

    I still think it has something to do with IA.

    I also get a program compatibility screen pop it.

    It says this program has known compatibility issues. then gives me the option of searching the net for a solution.

    Any advice?

    Error PL4014: Playback failed due to an error with the audio subsystem. Your currently installed audio driver may not be fully compatible with DirectX. Please close any DirectSound applications that are using the sound card. If the problem persists, you may need to upgrade or reinstall your sound card driver. Click the "Help Online"? button (bottom button on the left) to find out more information.

    should i just delete directx or Divx from my add remove programs?
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Windows Vista problem

    No, what you are trying to do is rip to your computer and burn to a new disc. Unless you have the appropriate programs, this is pretty much impossible due to DRM issues.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">should i just delete directx or Divx from my add remove programs? </div></div>

    No.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Windows Vista problem

    So do I need to buy a new program?

    I mean I have DVD-R compatibility w/my computer.


    What about just deleting the interactual player?

    What program do you fellow windows vista users use?
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •